Friday, July 18, 2008

Introductory Matters.

Okay, so my name is Wesley.

Nice to meet you.

I'm a 20 year old college student at Cincinnati Christian University, majoring in worship ministries. For those of you who are not familiar (it's okay... there's no shame), basically that means that I want to find a way to fuse my passions for music and Jesus together, and then do something with that. Now if I could only find people who were dumb enough to pay me for that, then we'd be going places.

If you haven't already figured out, I am a Christian, and have been one for about 6 years now. I could enter in some cheezy, corny Christian line right here, but that's not how I roll. My faith is a part of me, and in many ways defines who I am. It influences my convictions, my ideas, and the way that I live my life. I'm always open for a little bit of discussion on that, so feel free. I pride myself on being a person who refuses to buy into this whole judgmental Christian thing. I do my best, but that's no promise that I'll ever be perfect. Just know that I'm trying.

I love to talk. I try to be open and honest. I love to meet new people. I like making friends.

I love music. Death Cab for Cutie is my favorite band, so fellow Death Cab fans, this is your place. I'll start the discussion by saying that I think the song "Your New Twin Sized Bed" is some of the most clever songwriting I've heard in a while. Other favorites include Sigur Ros (everybody's favorite Icelandic post-rock band), Coldplay, Mae, Copeland, Lovedrug, and many others.

To be totally honest here, I have no idea why I made this little blog. I've got one on facebook, one on myspace, and I'll even confess that I do have a xanga still (though I don't think I've really updated it in forever). I guess I want to make this a place for me to share about what's happening in my life. Maybe I'll share some thoughts on faith. Maybe every once in a while I'll actually write something that makes sense and that is something other people can identify with too. Who knows. But I'd encourage you to keep reading. I'd love to meet you.

I'd love for you to share your story.

Well, I guess that's all I've got for now. I know this was very exciting reading.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment