Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fine Wine.

I've recently begun reading the book "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller.

I love his writing, but that's beside the point.

In discussing his desire for a faith driven by systems and formulas, Miller states that unfortunately, this type of Christian faith doesn't exist. In all reality, our faith is driven by relationships and experiences with God and others. Our faith isn't something that can be broken down into a few easy steps.

And in commenting on this, Miller shares a deep truth on this reality that faith can never be driven by formulas:

"Reality is like a fine wine. It will not appeal to children."

2 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of Donald Miller, and that quote rings quite true. Faith isn't something that is a series of steps - it's a lifestyle.

    And that is exactly what makes it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. that, to me, is the best book ever written outside of the Bible. it changed my life.

    ReplyDelete