Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wanted...

So I've finally succumbed to the pressure of my female friends and I made one of these stupid lists. I'm so sorry to everyone reading this. I promise I'm not some emo teenager that wastes all of his time thinking about girls or having a girlfriend or whatever. But, I guess this is something good to consider.

My Qualifications for a Girl
1. Christian. I think this one goes without saying. Hard to be a minister without a Christian spouse.

2. Attractive. Again, goes without saying. You want to think she's pretty.

3. A developed personal sense of style. I promise this isn't shallow as it sounds. But for me, there's just something about a girl who has taken the time to really develop her own, unique, beautiful style. It doesn't have to resemble my own, of course. I think it's just something that expresses a person's individuality, and I find that really appealing.

4. Music. I want to share a similar taste in music with my wife. I want us to be able to go to concerts together and just enjoy talking about music and listening to music and overall sharing that as an interest. Music is a huge part of my life and I want it to be a big part of hers, too.

5. Chemistry. This one's important. You know how you meet someone and you just automatically are able to play off of each other? You offset each other well? That's the kind of thing I want to happen with my wife. I've decided that there are 3 types of couples: fighters, squabblers, and then the couples that don't really fight. I'm not a person who likes confrontation. Maybe that's a weakness of mine. But I want to be a couple that doesn't fight... we're people who don't let the little things in life bother us. That's how we roll. Not that we'll never fight, but there are some people that make that a way of life. Not for me. Overall, I just want to get along with my wife really well. I want us to laugh and enjoy life together.

6. Intelligent. There is absolutely nothing better to me than an intelligent woman. Now, there are some people who are intelligent in a really cocky, standoffish way. That's not the kind of intelligent person I want to be with. But there is something incredibly sexy to me about a woman who is intelligent and well-informed, with her own independent ideas and ways of thinking.

7. Interesting. I think that it's important that you're with someone who's really interesting. I want to be with my wife and know that even when we are old, that I will still be learning more about her and her life experiences. I still want to be able to listen to her stories.

8. A best friend. Finally, I want to be with my best friend in the whole world. I want to be with a person who is my best friend in the whole world. I want to be able to share my life with her. I want to be able to talk about what's on my mind, and she'll listen. I want to be with someone where I enjoy every second that I spend with them. I think the great thing about best friends is that you don't have to spend every waking moment with them to prove your friendship. With best friends, that relationship is understood. I think the same here. Yes, of course I want to spend tons of time with her. But we understand each other's need for space and don't feel obligated to be one of those couples that spends every waking moment with each other. I want to fall in love with my best friend.

I suppose there are a ton of other things that could be on there, but I think those are the things that are really important to me. That's what I care about. We can talk about other "negotiables," but the above 8 things are things that are pretty set in stone for me. Take it or leave it. Maybe I'll be single forever. Or maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment