Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions.

So, at this time of year, there is generally a lot of talk about New Year's Resolutions. What are you going to do differently in 2009 as compared to 2008?

Now, I'm generally not one for resolutions. I don't even remember making any over the past couple of years. That being said, though, I think there's something to be said for a new year being a new start and a new chance for change.

And so this year, I think my main resolution is to be more decisive and assertive and to take more risks. I think that I have fallen into the trap of letting so many things simply go by. I want to do so much with my life and I want to be happy, but most of the time I'm just too much of a chicken or too spineless to take the initiative and make things happen. Sometimes being happy requires taking risks; that's not something I'm very good at either. So, this year, I feel I need to be willing to take more risks and be more assertive in getting some things that I want and that I deserve.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment