Saturday, February 20, 2010

Center. (Or, More Aptly, "What's Your Favorite Worship Song?")

I've been leading worship on a regular basis for about six years now. Over those six years, I've led probably hundreds of different songs in several different venues, but to me, my favorite song will always be the song "Center," by Charlie Hall. If you're unfamiliar with it, watch here:



I think there are a lot of great things about this song, but I'm still just struck by the simplicity of it. I can still remember noticing that when I listened to it for the first time. "Be the center of my life" is a prayer that I think I need to be praying to God on a frequent basis. Seasons of my life will come and go, but in each one, God asks me to keep my life focused on Him. I tremble to imagine the incredible life that I would live if I could simply get that prayer to be lived out each and every day in my life.

What about you? What's your favorite worship song? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment