Monday, February 8, 2010

My Next Adventure...

So, I have some very exciting news to finally officially announce.

If you weren't aware, I am currently serving as an intern with Suncrest Christian Church in northwest Indiana, near Chicago. Our church has a strong belief in the effectiveness of church planting and multi-site ministry, and so in addition to our Hobart Campus that launched in 2008, we will be launching two new campuses in Highland and South Bend in fall 2010. I am excited to announce that beginning this summer, I will transition onto our full-time staff at Suncrest as worship pastor for our Highland Campus, which will launch at the end of September.

I can't begin to express how excited I am about this opportunity! I love Suncrest a lot and really believe that our church is being used by God in order to change lives. I am thankful to get to be a part of that. I'm going to get the opportunity to work with a great staff and leadership team, as well as have the opportunity to finally set down some roots in a community and get to start living out my life-long passion, which is to help people come to find a deeper relationship with Jesus. It's just incredible to me that while I've only been here roughly six months, it already feels just like home.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about a few things, though. As part of essentially being a new church plant, I will need to raise half of my salary each year through 2012 so that we can better resource this campus as we strive to get it off the ground (p.s. If you are at all interested in helping to support me, I'd love to talk to you! Comment this, tweet me at @wblackburn0316, message me... whatever). I also have 24 or so credits left to complete with Cincinnati Christian University in order to graduate. The fact of finishing long-distance makes me a little nervous, but I'm confident. There are always reasons not to do something, and it's always nerve-wracking starting something new in life, but I really believe that this is where God wants me to be, and I am confident that He will faithfully resource me with the finances, strength, energy, and wisdom that I need in this new adventure.


I love you all, and definitely appreciate your prayers as I take this next step in my journey! More to come, I'm sure... :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Wes! You are a great fit at Suncrest and they are blessed to have you. Can't wait to see God work thru and in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pray that our elders will have wisdom and make good decisions when hiring staff. Looks like my prayers have been answered. (Good choice, guys!) Glad to know you will be sticking around, Wes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies! I'm really excited for this next chapter in my life!

    ReplyDelete