Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A God of Love.

Lately, I’ve been working through the book of Romans and I am making some big realizations about God’s love for us.

I’ve lived my entire life hearing about how God loves me, but have never really made the connection beyond the level of mental assent. But as I’ve read Romans, I’ve been forced to the realization that as a Christ follower, I have no choice but to know that God loves me. He leaves me no other option.

We’ve all heard the saying “actions speak louder than words.” Well, the action of Christ on the cross speaks very loudly about several things, one of which is the simple fact that God loves me enough to offer himself in my place. To die; to pay the ultimate price on behalf of another person is quite possibly the greatest thing one could do, and Christ does exactly that for us.

I no longer need to walk around wondering if I have been good enough to please God, or if he’s happy with me. I know he loves me. I know he has my best interests at heart. The cross leaves me no other choice than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment