Monday, January 11, 2010

True Trust.

As I look back on 2009, I think that I learned a lot in my relationship with God, and I believe that our relationship has grown in some really positive ways. But I think the greatest development for me in 2009 was learning to trust in the statement that “God has my best interests at heart.”

To me, that’s the development of true trust; to believe with all of my heart that God truly has my best interests in mind as he acts on my behalf. At the outset of 2009, I had several different ideas about the course my life should go. Here at the beginning of 2010, I’ve seen several of those plans be shot to pieces. But in their place, I’ve seen a greater, better plan unfold. God’s been gracious enough to let me be a part of a church I love at Suncrest. He’s been good enough to place some newly-formed relationships in my life.

I believe the Bible reveals that God loves us and wants the best possible life for us. In 2009, I made the decision to really trust that, even when things didn’t go my way or how I expected. And time and time again, I saw God deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment