Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Keeping the Vision.

To me, there’s nothing worse than an organization without a clear vision and purpose. They become slow, hard to work with, and bogged down. They don’t know why they exist, so no wonder why it seems like they never know how to grow, what to do next, or even how to make what they do better. These organizations eventually fail because they don’t have a clear idea of what the vision is, or they never had one in the first place.

I once heard someone teach that as a Christ follower, the vision is Jesus. Us serving Jesus. Us living lives for Jesus. Jesus being glorified.

It’s amazing how quickly that vision can get bogged down and lost because we aren’t clear and intentional every day about remembering the vision of Jesus for our lives. Sometimes this simply happens because we say “yes” to too many good things instead of just saying “yes” to the great things. It’s no wonder that just like poorly-run organizations, our lives get cluttered with stuff that doesn’t matter, with things that have no significance, ultimately making us into ineffective followers of Jesus.

I need vision. I need purpose. Thankfully, I believe that a relationship with God offers both of those things. But even more importantly, I need to always keep that vision and that purpose at the forefront of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment